Welcome to Split Second.
Split Second is the main supplier of Ski Timing & Scoring Software in the US and Canada, with developing markets
in many other Countries. We are proud to have stayed at the forefront of technology since 1990, creating cutting-edge
software solutions for sports with a user-friendly approach.
If you're looking for the best way to manage your races and interface to timing equipment, or judging systems, you're in the right place...
Latest Versions of Software:
| National / FIS Software
|| 6.30 rev 7
| Ski Club Unleashed!
||5.01 rev 1
* NOTE: We will be out of the office until Sept 22nd. All license updates will be processed immediately as usual. Orders requiring shipping (new keys or replacement keys through the "Blue Key" promotion) will be shipped when we return. Please contact us via email during this period. Sorry for any inconvenience.
| 6/11/2014 ||"Blue Key" Promotion:|
To encourage and help customers switch to the new driverless
keys we are eating the cost and including them at no charge with all orders of 6 months or longer!
Shipping charges still apply.
This offer will continue through the whole ski season and end March 31st 2015.
| 3/7/2014 ||NEW 'driverless' key:|
We are excited to announce a new 'driverless' software key that will avoid the driver issues that would happen from time to time with the original (green) USB keys.
- Technically, the new key uses drivers too but they're already built into Windows.
- Because the new key uses standard Windows drivers the key may be attached at any time. With the original key the drivers had to be installed before the key was ever attached, otherwise the wrong drivers would be associated with the key, which could be difficult to correct.
- Reinstalling the drivers for the original key could cause the key/driver association to get tangled up, which could also be difficult to fix. This is not a problem with the new key.
- And, with the original key the driver could be overwritten by other software. Windows drivers are far more secure within the system since the keyboard and mouse depend on them.
- There's still a process of installing the key software because special files (called DLLs) are needed for Split Second software to communicate with the key. This process happens during software installation.
- Other than the driver change this key is functionally identical to the original (green) key.