We are pleased to announce: We're once again a
USSA Software Vendor.
If you have any questions, as always, please contact me.
National / FIS Software Changes:
Below is a list of changes that may help you decide if you need the latest version/revision of the software (or not).
New versions are created when either a needed change has been made to the software or a
significant new feature is added. New revisions are made when only minor changes or additions are released.
Download the latest version/revision
- 4/6/2017 ver 6.71, rev 16 :
- Made a change to the transmission XML for Alpine Canada so that ACA numbers with seven digits are sent correctly.
- Changes related to Graphics Reports:
- Corrected the format for Alpine Combined.
- Added reports for Intermediate Reports with a Speed Trap.
- Added TD signature line on single run races (such as 1 run GS).
- Made changes for some Snowboard reports to show the correct data (more coming).
- 4/1/2017 ver 6.71, rev 15 :
- Added Graphics Intermediate Reports for: 1 Int 1 Run, 1 Int 2 Runs, 2 Int 1 Run, 2 Int 2 Runs and 3 Int 1 Run
- 3/22/2017 ver 6.71, rev 14 :
- Changed to a higher resolution for images on the graphics reports.
- 2/15/2017 ver 6.71, rev 12 :
- Made a change to the logic for sorting by name so it ignores the case of the name (upper/lower case).
- Added USCSA Sullivan Sorting to the Graphics Reports for condensed 2nd Run Start List (both 2 column and 3 column).
- Added the option to include Seed Points to Graphics Condensed Start Reports.
- Made additional French translation to the Graphics Reports. Thanks for the help goes to Jean-Yves Grégoire.
- Added the ability to manage an Alpine 2 Run Super-G.
- 1/27/2017 ver 6.71, rev 11 :
- Added functionality to FIS Live transmissions to manage the data for up to 3 speed traps.
- Added the additional line of text available to Canadian users to the bottom of the Graphics Reports.
- Made the field for Nation for jury members wider on Graphics Reports to allow enough room for nations that take more width to display (such as SWE).
- Added the ability to load competitors from the FIS Masters list. This list is provided courtesy of Deb Lewis of Far West Masters. The lists are currently only available for download via the location listed as: `Split Second (backup site)`.
- 1/17/2017 ver 6.71, rev 10 :
- Changed the graphics Race Results so it won`t show points for a non-scored race.
- Added the ability select which fields are included on Graphics Condensed Start Lists.
- Corrected an issue with new condensed start reports for 2nd run where it wouldn`t list competitors if you chose not to sort and chose to include competitors without times.
- Added extra information on the Software Key | Verify Key screen when the key isn`t found suggesting solutions.
- Added French translations for Graphics Reports. There`s still work to be done on these (at the end of reports). Special thanks for the translation help goes to: Hugues Forget (Laurentian Ski Division, QC).
- 1/13/2017 ver 6.71, rev 9 :
- Added Graphics Report for Points List.
- Added Graphics Report for Penalty Report.
- Added Course Conditions to a number of graphics reports.
- The Graphics Race Results now displays the 2nd run result if they have one even if their first run was DNS/DNF/DQ. This is ideal for non-scored races where competitors get 2 runs regardless of their 1st run result.
- Corrected an issue with the number in a status group (DNS2 in particular) on graphics reports.
- Added a section to graphics Race Results for TD signature.
- Changed the descriptions for the left and right Live-Timing logos to match the headers on the USSA Dashboard.
- Added a link to the ALGE Timy3 Quickstart Guide by Phoenix Sports to the Timing Setup and Test screen to help users get `connected` via USB.
- 1/7/2017 ver 6.71, rev 8 :
- Added a Graphic Report for Race Results. Note that there are a large number of possibilities with race results and only the most common possibilities have been covered so far with this report. Covered possibilities are: all Alpine results except Alpine Combined, DH Training, and PGS/PSL.
- Changed report time formats to h:mm instead of the old format with a period.
- Added start times for the 2nd run on the header section of the Graphic Reports so both start times would be included on all pages and on condensed reports.
- 1/6/2017 ver 6.71, rev 7 :
- Corrected an issue with Graphics Reports uploaded to Live-Timing where some data wasn`t viewable on some PDF readers (mainly IOS devices). The fonts used in the report are now embedded in the file so the PDF reader doesn`t have to have the matching font.
- 1/1/2017 ver 6.71, rev 6 :
- Added the following Graphics Reports:
- Condensed 1 Run Start Lists. There`s 2 versions of this: one with 2 columns and another with 3 columns allowing up to 135 competitors on the first page.
- 2nd Run Start List.
- Condensed 2nd Run Start Lists. Also choices of 2 or 3 columns.
- Added a field for `Clubname` to XML output.
- 12/30/2016 ver 6.71, rev 5 :
- Added new Graphics Reports for `Run 1 Result` and `Run 2 Result`.
- Graphics Reports may now be submitted to Live-Timing. By default this will happen automatically, with a name preset. If a report is submitted and needs to be updated or changed simply upload again. Reports with the same name will overwrite the previous report.
- Adjusted the logic for reports - if a top graphic isn`t used it makes more space for extra competitors in the body of the report. For the Start Report with the top graphic it lists 30 competitors (the FIS minimum for page 1) and 34 competitors without the top graphic.
- 12/24/2016 ver 6.71, rev 4 :
- Put the correct data into the `Club` field of the new Start List.
- Added a checkbox to the graphics report page to turn the `zebra striping` on and off since apparently it doesn't copy well, especially in black and white.
- Corrected an issue with the graphics reports where the forerunner and legend sections could be over the top of competitors. This previously could happen when the last competitor ended near the bottom of the page.
- 12/23/2016 ver 6.71, rev 3 :
- Added the first Graphics Report - the new Start List. You have the ability to load your own graphics; please see the explanation on the report page. There are sample images included that may be loaded to see how the process works. Once the report has been generated it may be printed (of course) or saved as a .pdf file. The ability to post graphics reports to Live-Timing will be available soon. Although there is currently just 1 report a lot has gone into this behind the scenes so that other graphics reports will follow ASAP.
- 12/15/2016 ver 6.71, rev 2 :
- Added a link on the FIS Live-Timing tab to a full explanation in the wiki on how to manage FIS Live. The wiki page can be found via this link: http://tinyurl.com/FISLive (you may need to copy and paste the link into your browser).
- Added the ability to log transmissions to/from FIS Live for potential trouble shooting. If the box is checked the data is continually appended to a file in the same folder as your races. By default it is not checked when the software starts.
- Changed the designation for Alpine Combined from `SC` to `AC`. This was done some time ago but needed to be reversed because at the time (in 2014) FIS wasn`t ready for the change.
Version 6.71 12/11/2016
- Changed the processing of USSA points lists to pick up the Club name again. The format of the points list had changed slightly at some point.
- For FIS Live added the ability to input a password when you register races using your own account. It can still be done through Split Second if needed. Also updated the password set internally when being registered by Split Second.
- For FIS Live the Port is no longer required since it`s always the same for Men and always the same for Ladies.
- Added the ability to deal with ECOM events with Alpine Combined. The steps to dealing with this are important and has a page detailing it on the Split Second Documentation. You can get directly to the page via this link: http://tinyurl.com/submitAC (you may need to copy and paste the link into your browser). Basically if the race level is set to ECOM you may enter a status of NPS2, DNS2, DNF2 or DSQ2 as a 1st run result. This may be done via the Edit Competitor screen. To save time if a large number need to be set it may be done via the Block Edit screen. ECOM is the same level as a Nor Am for category adders.
- Corrected an issue that was causing memory leaks (each time switching between genders or switching between races the software used a little more memory).
- Changed to the new ACA logo.
Version 6.70 10/17/2016
- Added the status of NPS (Not Permitted To Start). A competitor set to NPS will not be included as part of the `best 5 at start` in the penalty calculation. The value of NPS may be set via the usual data entry methods including an abbreviation of P in the Edit Competitor screen.
- Added an option in the file menu to `Swap all data with the other Gender`. This is used to correct the problem of accidentally entering competitors and other data into the wrong gender in the file. It swaps all competitors and header data. If taken by accident, simply take the option again.
- Removed Data Manager. This Official position has been merged with the Race Administrator.
- Updated XML output to match the latest specs: In the Raceheader and competitor sections `Sex` tags changed to `Gender`. The `Weather` tag has been expanded. Also added tags for Course Setters USSA numbers.
- Added Condensed Start list option for Masters.
- Added Masters specific Sort options for 2nd Run. These are the same sort options given before creating a 2nd run start list, but directly from the Sort menu.
- Added class 14, 90+ to the default Masters classes. This only applies to new installs since the classes are only created at that time. To add the class manually at any time via the main menu go Edit | Classes, click on the down arrow next to class 13 to change it`s maximum age. This will create an additional class. Continue clicking until the new class is listed as ages 90 to 99 and fill in the the class description as 14.
- Changed Masters reports to list `Gates` rather than `Features`.
- Expanded the size of the USCSA Number field to 7 characters.
- Added an option to the Import screen for USCSA Class.
- Added the option for USCSA to use the `Sullivan Seeding System` for the 2nd run. When a 2nd run start order is generated for a USCSA race the option will be given. If not taken the traditional sorting method (flip) will be used. Team scored are added to the report for those in the cut for verification purposes.
- Removed the option to interface to VOLA files.
- 2/26/2016 ver 6.60, rev 8 :
- Corrected an issue where the buffer for serial output could get full causing a cascading error.
- Changed the way the defaults file is managed to avoid any issues with the file getting corrupted.
- Made the default baud rate for Microgate Live-Timing displays to be 1200 to match the settings for Microgate timers.
- 2/18/2016 ver 6.60, rev 7 :
- Made a correction to the processing of FIS lists to deal with slight variations in format.
- Added support for Microgate Micrograph display in a 2x2 configuration. In single course timing the display will show a first line of bib, name and time for the current competitor. At the same time the remaining 3 lines of the display scroll through those competitors with results 3 lines at a time displaying rank, bib, name, and time.
- 1/7/2016 ver 6.60, rev 6 :
- Small change to allow Officials to be pulled up from the latest USSA Officials lists (the list provided by USSA changed format slightly).
- Corrected the radio input channel numbers for the Microgate REI2 timer for intermediate inputs.
- 12/17/2015 ver 6.60, rev 5 :
- Corrections/Improvements to the FIS Live interface:
- Changed the layout and processes on the FIS Live tab.
- Added single buttons to take care of the steps to set up for each run.
- Moved the Message option from the menu to it`s own button.
- Added an option in the FIS Live tab Send Options menu to send/resend results for one or a number of bibs. A screen comes up to enter the bib. Multiple bibs may be separated by commas.
- Added an option for FIS Live transmission of individual results from the Competitors tab. Right click on the competitor and choose the option from the pop up menu.
- On the timing screen the option to send a message to Live-Timing now allows the sending of the message to FIS Live at the same time. This only applies to a basic message and clearing a message. There`s a check box at the bottom of the Message screen which is set to send as the default.
- 12/15/2015 ver 6.60, rev 4 :
- Corrections/Improvements to the FISLive interface:
- Correct an issue to correctly manage DNF.
- Changed management of password so the FIS Live option is enabled simply with a check box. The race must be registered for the FIS Live interface by Split Second.
- Added an option to change the port from the default of 1550 if needed. The enabling check box must be unchecked and rechecked for a port change to take effect.
- Added options to send all data for a run. This may be used to correct a run if partially or completely missed.
- 12/15/2015 ver 6.60, rev 3 :
- Added an interface to the FIS Live Timing. There is an additional tab for this (next to the Live-Timing tab). Currently the use of this needs to be coordinated with Split Second Timing. Both for registration of your event with FIS for Live transmission and instructions on it`s use.
- 10/19/2015 ver 6.60, rev 2 :
- When opening a Vola race file for the first time it now detects and sets the race type if it`s a Masters race. It then pulls all the competitors into the Male list with the gender set accordingly.
- It now pulls in competitor data from Vola race files if bib numbers haven`t been set yet.
- To save confusion whenever a new race is opened or gender is changed the position in the Competitor List is now moved back to the top.
- Added a link to the Open Vola Race page to take you to the documentation.
- Added two different options for PGS Qualifier Start List.
Version 6.60 11/14/2015
- U.S. USERS: The software now works seamlessly with the Vola race files. This allows you to: Set up the race with Vola --> Time the Race with Split Second (and use Live-Timing) --> Send results with Vola. No imports, no exports, just move back and forth between products and do what you need to do! Look for the option in the menu: File | Open Vola Race. (this will be expanded in future revisions to pull more Header data)
- CANADIAN USERS: Updated connection for downloading ACA points from BC Alpine site (will not work without this update).
- Changed overall appearance (skin) back to the default `Windows` look to stay compatable with older versions of Windows. This also solves an issue when right clicking on a file while using the Open dialog.
- Changed the process for creating FIS lists to use FIS data directly so no longer dependent on USSA to produce lists.
Version 6.50 10/30/2015
- NOTE FOR U.S. CUSTOMERS: USSA is in the process of mandating the use of Vola software for your results. This is not immediate. USSA has stated you may continue to use Split Second until you are trained and comfortable with the mandated software. Also, there is nothing in the rules stopping you from using Split Second for the most critical parts of your race - TIMING, and sending data to LIVE-TIMING. We are in the process of working out the easiest way to do this. A new revision will be available shortly addressing this.
- In this version:
- Updated the overall look of the software.
- Updated to work with Windows 10.
- The software can now manage serial ports numbered higher than 9.
- While in the Timing | Setup and Test screen the software now detects if serial ports are added or removed. It gives a message when a change is detected and updates all port selection drop-downs. This makes trouble shooting serial ports much simpler.
- Corrected an issue when registering a race with Live-Timing.com where it wouldn`t register a `Race Logo` unless the `Location Logo` was also set.
- For Microgate REI2 timer added the ability to accept LAP and AUX inputs via radio transmission.
- As part of the `start of season` processes the Class of U18 will be updated to U19. This is only applied if the country is set to USA.
- Added TD signature section to DH and SG training results.
- 3/16/2015 ver 6.40, rev 6 :
- Corrected an issue with the online license update process where it would sometimes come up with invalid codes as a key was removed.
- Added a link directly to the `Setup and Test` screen from the `Intermediates / Speed Traps` tab as part of the explanation regarding Input Mapping.
- Added an explanation to help solve Serial Port issues on the `Setup and Test` screen.
- For Canadian races the & symbol (ampersand) may no longer be entered on the fields in the Header and Run Data tabs. This includes for fields: Race Name, Course Name, Weather etc. This is because the & symbol in the race file can`t be processed by ACA and causes an error.
- 2/5/2015 ver 6.40, rev 5 :
- Changed the processing of USCSA competitor lists to be quotes-sensitive so that fields with commas may be quoted.
- Added TAG Heuer 545 to the TAG Heuer 540 options in the Timing Setup and Test screen.
- For Masters added logic to the sorting process to have Class 14 (oldest group) run 1st if it exists.
- 12/19/2014 ver 6.40, rev 4 :
- Made a correction in the logic for Condensed 2nd Run Start List where the competitor listed last on the report could be listed multiple times.
- Added scoreboard output to Cross Country timing. Currently it only sends data when a finish is assigned to a competitor, not a countdown for an approaching finisher.
- Corrected XC results to display times to 1/10th secondd.
- Made the import for Masters gender more flexible so that it will accept a lower case f as well as upper case F for Female. Anything that is, or begins with an f or F will be Female, anything else will be the default of Male (sorry, something had to be a default).
- Corrected the logic for selecting officials lists when set to Masters.
- 11/29/2014 ver 6.40, rev 3 :
- Added options in Import and Export to load and save the settings. This way dealing with particular file formats over and over is a much simpler process. Just load the settings previously saved for that format, verify from the preview and hit `OK`.
- A `Clear` option has been created in the Export screen to clear the settings and set the available fields back to their default order.
- From the Import menu and the Export screen the option to import or set to .tmg format has been removed (this was a very old format used by the DOS software). For anyone still using these options a saved format is automatically created for these settings. Just take the `Load Settings` option from the Import or Export screens and select.
- Made changes to the logic for sending data to Live-Timing so that races with multiple intermediates will have them displayed correctly. The limit displayed on Live-Timing.com is 3 speed traps and 4 intermediate times for a single run race (or the 1st run of a 2 run race) and 1 speed trap and 3 intermediates for the 2nd run of a 2 run race.
- Snowboard PGS/PSL: When creating the start list for finals it now gives an option to sort or not first. Also, updated the order for assigning ladder positions based on changes in the rules.
- Snowboard and Masters: Made Alpine officials list available and officials may now be selected without having to switch back and forth with Alpine.
- Masters: Made the transmittal report available. Includes race codes for both genders.
- 10/30/2014 ver 6.40, rev 2 :
- Changed the designation for the newly renamed `Alpine Combined` back to `SC`. This has been changed back because FIS is not ready for the `AC` designation yet.
Version 6.40 9/20/2014
- Updated F-Factors along with the normal start of season processes.
- Changed the name of `Super Combined` to `Alpine Combined` and changed the designation from `SC` to `AC`.
- Added ability to define graphics for reports. This is on the `Competitors` tab near the top of the `Report` menu. No graphics reports are available yet. This is simply the 1st step in that direction but this option has been made available so that `what is to come` may be seen.
- Added a `Notes` feature. This is a screen with 5 tabs that may be used in any way: such as to-do lists, timing notes, reminders etc. The notes screen stays on top of others and may be used while other screens are active. It`s accessed from the main screen via the menu or hitting Ctrl-N, and from timing screens via a `Notes` button or Ctrl-N. See the 6th tab, FAQ, on the notes screen for more information.
- Changed the process for emailing results to USSA and/or FIS. This method should work for everyone where the old method only worked for those who could configure the software for their email.
- Added an option in the File menu to `Email Race File`. This is not used to send results in for scoring but to send the actual race file to someone else to be opened with this software (perhaps between an RA and Timing personnel). It may also be used to send a race file to Split Second to point out a potential bug or suggestion.
- Changed the method of managing the timing log and raw data log. This is an internal change maintaining the same functionality that should solve the problem that some customers had with the software `slowing down` as race timing progresses.
- Added course length to reports for 2 run downhill.
- Changed wording on transmittal form from `canceled` to `postponed/canceled`.
- Added ability to have codex starting with `REC` for Canadian races (in addition to `NAT`).
- Changed logic so that all Alpine World Cup events have a full jury including Assistant Ref.
- Added logic to 2nd run start lists. For USSA level races they can optionally include 1st run DNFs and DQs if they`re scored events and optionally DNFs, DQs *and* DNSs for non-scored events. These competitors are listed in 1st run start number order. This applies to regular and condensed 2nd run start lists.
- The screen that lists improvements to the software may now be resized.
- 3/26/2014 ver 6.30, rev 7 :
- Added an additional Import option called `Comp Import 2`. This is the same as the existing `Comp Import` but separates the First and Last names. If country is set to Canada this option is named `Comp Import for BC Alpine`.
- 3/7/2014 ver 6.30, rev 6 :
- Added support for the new `driverless` software key.
- Added import options for Half Pipe and Slopestyle so judges scores can be imported.
- Added FIS race level of NJC (National Junior Championships).
- 2/8/2014 ver 6.30, rev 5 :
- Added logic to the Condensed Start Lists so an extra space is given to the Team field if any team names are more than 4 characters long.
- Narrowed down the criteria that defines a forerunner and hence if a competitor will be sent to Live-Timing or not. Bibs must start with an F and be followed by a letter to be a forerunner, such as FA FB etc. A bib starting with F and followed by a number is not considered a forerunner (such as F14) and will be sent to Live-Timing along with other competitors.
- Made a correction to the Export option where `Cross Reference 2` was exporting the `Cross Reference 1` data.
- Added export fields for Telemark events for Raw Time, Gate Penalty and Jump Penalty. These are available for runs 1 and 2.
- 1/30/2014 ver 6.30, rev 4 :
- Added an option to directly download ACA points list. Special thanks to BC Alpine for making this possible.
- Widened the fields for National points lists to accommodate longer ACA points list file names.
- Removed options to `Copy Race` to/from floppy (very outdated).
- 11/20/2013 ver 6.30, rev 3 :
- Fixed an issue where Official`s numbers weren`t being set. This problem was unintentionally caused by the change to lengthen officials and pacesetter names.
- 11/19/2013 ver 6.30, rev 2 :
- Increased the maximum length of officials and forerunners by 3 characters to make room for long names.
- When taking the option to reload from points list right when a new list is created it would sometimes leave the points selection blank. This has been corrected.
Version 6.30 10/20/2013
- Added `start of the season` processes which: cleans out old points lists, saves old race files into a sub folder, and clears out saved official names since the format of these names has changed. A screen comes up when the software starts allowing these processes to be done.
- Made a slight change to the logic processing incoming serial data to remove the delay caused by the Tag CP540.
- 9/30/2013 ver 6.25, rev 18 :
- Updated the interface for Microgate scoreboards.
- 3/14/2013 ver 6.25, rev 17 :
- Improved the process for `Reloading Points From Points Lists` so that the USSA Number maintains the division, and also it now doesn`t overwrite the setting of X0000000 for foreign athletes.
- Added more choices for scroll speed selection for Microtab Scoreboard options.
- Added an Intermediate report for 1 Intermediate, 1 Speed Trap, 2 Runs.
- For events that don`t use an Assistant Referee the software no longer includes assistant referee information in the XML Data Transmission so invalid data isn`t sent in by accident. This applies to non speed events sending in course length also.
- Refined the logic for calculating ranks to deal with erroneously entered times of 0.00 seconds, which display as a blank, that could result in nobody listed with a 1st (and possibly 2nd, 3rd etc.) place in the race.
- 3/3/2013 ver 6.25, rev 16 :
- Corrected the logic for calculating the 90% snowboard qualifiers who receive points for PGS/PSL. Previously it wasn`t taking the option for one run or combined of two runs into consideration, and always counting competitors with a result from either course.
- Made the points range options that are used by Snowboard available to Freestyle.
- 2/26/2013 ver 6.25, rev 15 :
- Updated the driver software for the timing key with a driver with specifics for Windows 8.
- Added printing support for Microgate REI2 timer.
- Increased the maximum numbers of USCSA database competitors from 10,000 to 15,000 since the maximum was about to be surpassed.
- Added an option on the competitors tab in the `Other Options` menu to swap first and last names. This is not an option that would normally be used but has been added to help solve the situation when data is entered or imported incorrectly.
- 2/7/2013 ver 6.25, rev 14 :
- If the new `alternate method` of sending data to Live-Timing is selected then attached reports will be sent in a single transmission which is much quicker that the old approach of sending in small chunks.
- Changed the default method of sending data to Live-Timing to the new `alternate method`. This may, or course, be changed back to the original method if needed.
- 2/6/2013 ver 6.25, rev 13 :
- Created an Alternate method for sending data to Live-Timing.com. The option is on the Live-Timing tab and may be taken to switch methods at any time. The hope is this will work better for users with spotty connections such as wireless hotspots, dial up, and busy networks.
- Reports that could be sent to the PTB may now be printed to any printing timer, currently CP705 and TIMY. Options available via Print | Print to Timer.
- Added an option to disable printing back to the timer if the user chooses. This option is on the Setup and Test screen.
- Made the test print feature and the ability to disable timer printing available to other printing enabled timers. So in addition to TIMY these features are now available for the PTB and CP705.
- Added the category of `EET Time` to the TD Audit report so that any EET audit entries are listed in their own category in the report.
- Added a note to the EET form to explain that you must leave a field for the entry or the change to take effect.
- Updated the snowboard points scales and entry points to match those currently listed by FIS.
- Added scoreboard options for a single and three line Infomaster display.
- 1/17/2013 ver 6.25, rev 12 :
- Added printing for the TIMY. When starts and finishes take place the information will be passed back to the TIMY and printed on the tape (this currently only works with a standard serial connection to the TIMY, not via direct USB connection yet).
- Added ability to accept wireless inputs from REI2 timer. These are designed for intermediate and speed traps but are allowed on any input since via input mapping any input may be used for any purpose.
- Added a scoreboard option for a single Infomaster display (8 characters).
- 1/13/2013 ver 6.25, rev 11 :
- Changed the time out for calls updating data to Live-Timing from 5 seconds to 8 seconds to hopefully help users on slower connections get their data posted.
- 1/4/2013 ver 6.25, rev 10 :
- Corrected an issue that was stopping the Time Of Day Fix screen to work.
- Corrected an issue with the newly added PSL and PGS where the running time would display incorrectly for times over one minute (everything would calculate correctly but the display of the time was showing crazy running times).
- 12/21/2012 ver 6.25, rev 9 :
- Added a `Find` option to the Timing | Timing Log | View screen. After entering the bib to find it displays every line of the log referencing that bib.
- To clarify messages in the log the wording has been changed for log messages so they start with `Bib xxx` where possible.
- Added event type of PSL and PGS to Alpine options. When this is selected it enables additional options on the header screen and enables a dual timing option via the timing menu.
- Added ability to set minimum and maximum speeds for speed traps. This is done from the timing screen using the same screen used for minimum times for intermediates. Min/max speeds are set on a separate tab on that screen.
- Added an option for `Seed Points` to be included in condensed start lists.
- When race level is WJC the software now uses the same category adder as NorAm.
- Added logic when adding Officials names to deal with duplicate names. If a duplicate is found (such as `Gray, Parker`) it will bring up a selection of the duplicates to choose from.
- Changed the logic for `Save As`. Previously, it would simply save the file under the new name. This meant that if changes had been made since the last save those changes may not be included in the originally named file. This logic made sense before automatic saving was added. Now it saves the file under the original name before saving it under the new name. The hope of this change is to minimize the chance of data loss.
- Added to the explanation for downloading ACA points to help solve issues when the file type (.txt) gets lost during the process of saving to the points folder.
- 12/1/2012 ver 6.25, rev 8 :
- Improved functionality of the `Microgate Live-Timing Display` option and added choices so that it can optionally display last name and control scrollspeed for messages. Also added scoreboard selection for `Microgate Live-Timing Display2`.
- Corrected an issue with entering officials so that the USSA number would change correctly if a change was made to the name via the dropdown.
- 11/26/2012 ver 6.25, rev 7 :
- Changed the `no points` value for races held in Canada back to the previous value of 999.00 so that Alpine Canada can still process the race.
- Changed descriptions for the format of entering forerunner names.
- Made a correction to the process of entering DQs and DNFs from the Edit Competitor screen.
- 11/20/2012 ver 6.25, rev 6 :
- Changed the `no points` value to 999.99 to match the change by FIS. This now comes up as the default for anyone not in the points list.
- Changed the logic internally when selecting officials from the drop downs so that they still pull their USSA number from the officials list.
- 11/14/2012 ver 6.25, rev 5 :
- Added `start of the season` processes which: sets the new f-factors, cleans out old points lists, saves old race files into a sub folder, and clears out saved official names since the format of these names has changed. A screen comes up when the software starts allowing these processes to be done.
- Added race level of WJC (World Junior Championships).
- Corrected an unintended consequence of the change in name format of officials where names were no longer being added to the dropdowns.
- Backed out the change made for rev 4 regarding upper and lower case in the word `Run` in the XML for FIS because FIS changed their processing to be non case sensitive. It was reversed in case it caused processing problems at USSA or ACA.
- 11/13/2012 ver 6.25, rev 4 :
- Changed the XML output for Course description from `Course Run 1` to `Course run 1` (just the R changed to lowercase r). Not sure why it was acceptable to FIS before and now requires this change...
- 11/12/2012 ver 6.25, rev 3 :
- The USSA ftp site used by the software to download points is temporarily unavailable. So that there`s still an option for customers a `backup` ftp location has been created at SplitSecond.com and there is a new option in the download points list screen to utilize this location. It has been populated wit the latest points lists.
- 9/4/2012 ver 6.25, rev 2 :
- Officials and Forerunners no longer have their first name truncated to just the initial. This applies to names entered manually and names pulled from the USSA officials list.
- Added an optional category adder for non FIS Australian Races. If the country is set to AUS a new field will become visible on the `Factors / Lists` tab to allow entry of a SSA adder. If this is anything other than 0 (zero) it will be added to the penalty calculation.
Version 6.25 7/1/2012
- Added logic to update the default class ages and descriptions per changes to rule 607.3.
- Corrected an issue in the Edit Competitor screen that could allow a time to be changed without creating an audit entry.
- Added an option to the Edit Competitor screen to get directly to the Edit TOD screen.
- 3/26/2012 ver 6.24, rev 11 :
- For Training Results competitors who have a result but were DQ`d are now listed along with the competitors with times. The DQ`d competitor`s time is shown but marked as DQ. Any DQ`d competitors without a time are listed as usual but the section is now titled 'DISQUALIFIED WITHOUT A TIME'.
- Added functionality to the `Reload from Points Lists` option. When the option is taken it opens a screen to select if all competitor data should be reloaded or just the points (previously it only loaded the points).
- Made corrections to the data format for times for XC Pursuit.
- 2/15/2012 ver 6.24, rev 10 :
- Made a correction in the calculation of USCSA Place Points so that B team members who have good results don`t displace A team member`s place points.
- Added an additional rank to USCSA Team Results based on Class to show which ranking was used to determine place points.
- Added an option on the bottom of the header tab to tell the software it`s a Telemark event. This will create additional entry fields in the Edit Competitors screen to enter Gate and Jump penalties which are automatically added to a result (more Telemark additions coming soon!).
- 2/9/2012 ver 6.24, rev 9 :
- Additional change for Live-Timing interface to improve connection recovery.
- For Cross Country events adjusted the positioning of Assigned Start on the competitors tab and on the start report to see the time fully.
- Added an option to sort by USSA Number (used to help find someone by USSA Number)
- 2/4/2012 ver 6.24, rev 8 :
- Removed the restriction which wouldn`t allow bib numbers with non numeric characters to be sent to USSA (per USSA).
- Added logic to remove leading non numeric characters from bib data when sending bibs to numeric only scoreboards.
- 1/31/2012 ver 6.24, rev 7 :
- Added special case processing to deal with the FIS points data format as supplied by USSA where very long names have some data offset by one character.
- USCSA: Added checking for non XML characters for the data being sent to USCSA for processing.
- 1/18/2012 ver 6.24, rev 6 :
- Made a change to the way the software communicates to Live-Timing.com to deal with lost connections. (If you were having this problem please let me know if this solves it or if the problem still persists)
- Changed reports so that 4 digit/character bibs will display in full.
- When creating Competitor Lists in Club Order they may now optionally be printed with each Club on a new page.
- Corrected an issue with editing a result via Edit Time Of Day where assigning DSQ or DNQ was not setting the correct status.
- Expanded the minimum height of the screen so that USCSA options at the bottom of the Header tab couldn`t accidentally be hidden off the screen.
- On the email sent out when sending results to USSA/FIS etc. in addition to the software version it now includes the revision to correctly identify the software producing the email/results.
- 1/2/2012 ver 6.24, rev 5 :
- Corrected an issue running the software on some Windows 7 machines where saving a `results by class` report could cause the software to lock up.
- 12/28/2011 ver 6.24, rev 4 :
- Changed the USCSA Competitor List download from the test site to the production site.
- Added an option to print `Freeski` instead of `Snowboard` on reports for events listed as Snowboard for the Freeski folks. The option is selected via a check box on the Header tab which is only visible for Snowboard events.
- 12/17/2011 ver 6.24, rev 3 :
- Changed the processing for the ACA points list to correctly parse a change in the file format by ACA.
- 11/17/2011 ver 6.24, rev 2 :
- Added additional functionality dealing with USCSA validation. All competitor USCSA numbers are validated against the USCSA list and must be in the list to be allowed. Only those with a validated USCSA number will be allowed to be set to A or B. This applies to the Edit Competitor screen, the the Block Edit screen and Import. Additional help information has been added explaining the requirements via the blue question mark buttons.
Version 6.24 11/5/2011
- The extension of race files has been changed from .xml to .NatFIS to reduce confusion with data files to be sent to USSA/ACA/FIS.
- Added the ability to download the USCSA Competitor List. When a competitor is entered via the Edit Competitor screen the USCSA list will be cross referenced and the USCSA number pulled from the list if it exists. When entering a USCSA Number it must be in the list to be accepted.
- Added support for Ski Cross. This is currently the only option under the new Freestyle discipline listing in the header tab. Ski Cross uses all the same logic and processing as Boarder Cross.
- 9/19/2011 ver 6.23, rev 3 :
- Increased the length of scrolling data for the Microgate Microtab scoreboard so that it will scroll across double displays.
- Corrected a minor issue with displaying downloaded attached reports that was a consequence of the faster method of sending attached report data.
- 8/11/2011 ver 6.23, rev 2 :
- Added support for the Microgate Microtab scoreboard.
Version 6.23 3/9/2011
- Changed the method used for Automated Backups because the process of compressing the files into a .zip file caused problems with some users. It now makes full size copies of the file being backed up in a sub folder called Backups. Since the files are larger than the compressed files the number of backups kept for each race file may be selected via the Edit Options screen. The default is 10 backup copies per file. Backups are only created if the file has changed since the last backup.
- 3/8/2011 ver 6.22, rev 4 :
- Changed the logic of Comp Import so that the import of Name adds a comma in the position of the first space character so the format is consistent with that expected by FIS etc.
- Corrected a problem with automated backups where the time between backups wasn't saved correctly.
- 3/1/2011 ver 6.22, rev 3 :
- Made a change to the way automated backups are managed. This is a change internally, for most users no change will be noticed.
- 2/24/2011 ver 6.22, rev 2 :
- Improved the process of updating the license so the software doesn't need to be restarted to get to `Timing (enabled)`.
- Reinstated logic that would center many of the reports that was inadvertently removed during the previous update.
Version 6.22 2/17/2011
- Added an option for automated backups into a .zip file! The default is every 5 minutes if the data has changed. This process is controlled through the Edit|Options screen and includes an explanation of how it works.
- Added support for penalty calculations when less than 10 finishers. The software follows all 'fewer than' rules listed by FIS, USSA and ACA.
- Rather than always installing the device driver for the software key it is now controlled via a small program that runs during installation. This has been done because sometimes reinstalling the driver could cause it to assign the wrong driver to the key which was difficult to correct.
- Wherever a time is entered manually it can be entered with certain shortcuts. One of those is that without punctuation (: or .) it`s assumed to be in the format mmsshh. This has been improved so a number without punctuation that is less than 100 is assumed to be whole seconds. So, entering 34 would be interpreted as 34.00. This also applies to importing which solves an issue with importing times that are whole seconds saved in CSV format by excel.
- Added race level of TRA to be used for FIS Downhill Training so the results can be sent to FIS with the correct category.
- Corrected functionality of button on Intermediates / Speed Traps tab to copy from other sex.
- Report for Laurentienne de Ski scoring converted to French.
- 2/12/2011 ver 6.21, rev 7 :
- Added options for Results by Class (which is in Report|Other) so the report can be generated based on only 1st Run or by 2nd Run. (in other words: "result by class for each run")
- Changing from Serial Timer to USB or LAN now sets the Serial Timer Port to "none" so if a port was set it will then be available for other uses.
- Further modifications to logic for Laurentienne de Ski scoring.
- 2/11/2011 ver 6.21, rev 6 :
- Added option for 2 run Kinder Kombi.
- Club/Quota in Block Edit expanded to 5 characters.
- Modified logic for Laurentienne de Ski scoring.
- 2/5/2011 ver 6.21, rev 5 :
- Added a button on the Competitor tab for Statistics. This shows the breakdown for number of DNF, DNS etc. for each run. These numbers may be helpful for the TD Report.
- For Canadian races detailed instructions come up explaining the required format for the ACA Code when you enter that field. The code entered must be in the format NATSS.NNNN where SS would be the current season (11 for 2010/11) and NNNN would be the sequence number beginning with either a 5 for Female or 0 for Male.
- 1/30/2011 ver 6.21, rev 4 :
- For Masters races officials may be selected from the alpine officials lists.
- The option for "Reload From Points List" now works for Masters.
- Updated the page on Solving Key Problems and added an additional link to it via the menu under Help.
- Added a report option to calculate and display Laurentienne de Ski scoring for their 10 and under racers. This option is visible when the country is set to Canada and is under Reports | Other. It includes an explanation of the rules applied.
- Made a correction to the logic added on the previous revision regarding including first run DNF and DQs on the 2nd run start list for Super Combined. It now also includes 1st run DNS competitors and lists all this group by 1st run start number.
- Changed the way USSA points lists are processed internally to deal with issues in the file format caused by unusually long competitor names.
- 1/26/2011 ver 6.21, rev 3 :
- When creating a 2nd run start order the option was given for National level races (USSA/ACA etc.) to include DNFs and DQs. Giving this option has been expanded to include Super Combined FIS level events.
- The Live Timing option to 'Upload All Competitors' now also includes all intermediate and speed data. This has been added to maintain all splits when viewed on Live-Timing via the new mouse-over features.
- The process of sending an attached report has been sped up (by about 5x).
- When sending Masters data to Live-Timing gender is now included with Class.
- The default start time listed on the Live-Timing tab is now 5am to match the change made in 6.21 rev 2.
- Expanded the size of the club field in the condensed start lists so 5 character club names wouldn't run into other fields.
- 1/17/2011 ver 6.21, rev 2 :
- Added a check to make sure all bibs are numerical before sending results to USSA.
- Added a report in the report menu: USCSA Team Scoring which calculates the ghost time, assigns points and ranks the teams while creating the report.
- When changing between US and Canada settings either via the Header page or the Defaults page, the values for USSA/ACA Maximum Seed are set accordingly.
- Added options to Import and Export for USCSA Number.
- Added a new report option for Competitor List in Club order.
- The default start time when a new race is created is now 5am for both runs. The goal is to have obviously wrong values so they can be set correctly rather than values that are almost right and setting the correct time might be overlooked.
- Added ability to disable Live-Timing Chatter. There's a check box on the bottom right of the Live-Timing tab. Chatter may be disabled at any time.
- Changed the logic for SBX ranking when dealing with competitors ranked 3rd and 4th in a round so the 3rd place competitors would be ranked above all 4th ranked per FIS rules (rather than USSA rules which are no longer used).
Version 6.21 12/30/2010
- Made updates to data transferred to Live-Timing to allow for planned improvements at Live-Timing.com.
- Added the ability to send data to USCSA for scoring. There's a checkbox at the bottom of the Header tab to enable the features. There's an information button along with the checkbox.
- Report for 'Results by Class' (found in Reports | Other) changed to list Bib Number rather than start number.
- Made changes to the XML format for sending Masters results to USSA. Changes included additional tags for course information and different race codes for each gender.
- Made a correction to Masters 2nd Run Start List so that classes that don't have any competitors with 1st run times still have the correct class header when it's set so competitors without times run at the end of their class.
- Updated the link on Live-Timing tab and changed it to go to the correct site when it's a Canadian event.
- Corrected a minor issue where a homologation number from a super combined could be included in report headers when changed from SC to something else.
- Made a correction to process of changing between Masters and Alpine and maintaining event so that other options are changed correctly.
- 12/7/2010 ver 6.20, rev 3 :
- Added a Condensed Start List option for 1st and 2nd run (except Masters). The report uses 2 columns to show 110 competitors per page! It also gives choices of fields that may be included on the report, although choosing too many optional fields will limit the space available for the competitor's name. This is especially true on the 2nd run start list which includes first run result.
- Added options to Competitor Lists to allow Custom and Cross Reeference data to be included.
- Made a correction for Snowboard Parallel XML transmission to include combined time.
- 12/2/2010 ver 6.20, rev 2 :
- For Masters races added a choice when sending the XML file so the new method may be picked where it sends each gender one at a time or the old method where it sends both genders in the same file. This maintains the old method of sending which simplifies processing by Far West Masters.
Version 6.20 11/10/2010
- Updated the default F-Factors. This is done as part of a start-of-season process that helps tidy old files into a sub folder and remove old points lists.
- Alpine 'Second Run Start List' now has the option of including Club/Quota information in the same way as implemented by the 'first run start list'.
- Split the sending of Masters XML file by Gender. A selection screen is now given to create the xml for Male or for Female.
- When changing between Masters and Alpine Disciplines the 'Event' is now maintained. This gets rid of the annoying issue of the software changing to Downhill when none of the Events have changed.
- Added two Custom fields for competitors. Custom fields may be used for any purpose you wish. They may be Imported, Exported, Edited (regular and block edit) and competitors may be sorted by these fields numerically or alphabetically.
- Added two fields similar to Custom fields but called Cross Reference. These may be Imported, Exported and viewed on the Competitor Edit screen but not edited or used for sorting. They are used designed to maintain a consistent reference from and to other software. When used with Masters events these fields are also included in the FIS XML output as fields XRef1 and XRef2 (only if they have data).
- For Masters events added a 'Class' tag to the FIS XML output.
- For Masters changed the sort option 'Running Order by Class' to match latest rules. Order is now: F13, M13, F12, M12, F11, M11, F10, M10, F9, F8, F7, F6, F5, F4, F3, F2, F1, M9, M8, M7, M6, M5, M4, M3, M2, M1
- Masters 2nd Run Start List now has a screen before the report is generated confirming competitors should be sorted, allowing selection for sort order, how DNFs and DQs are to be handled (at the end of the class, after everyone with a time, or not at all), and if a full header is needed.
- XC Points may now be exported.
- 3/23/2010 ver 6.12, rev 5 :
- Changed option to 'Reload Points from Points Lists' to include Kinder Kombi.
- When a new points list is selected with competitors already in the race it now gives the option to 'Reload Points from Points Lists' rather than simply instructing where the option is since this is a task that is almost always taken.
- 3/18/2010 ver 6.12, rev 4 :
- Changed the process for sending data to Live-Timing to recover better when the internet connection is lost or is 'flakey'.
- Improved the logic for closing the software when the Live-Timing queue still has data to send so that it will actually exit. Previously on some systems it wouldn't close the software.
- 3/8/2010 ver 6.12, rev 3 :
- Added a feature to the Import option: When the import includes a "year of birth" field the user will be asked if they want the class set based on the year of birth (and the race date) as defined by the settings in Edit|Classes.
- Software now saves email port setting.
- Changed the logic to allow selection of Super Combined for Masters.
- Some minor changes to French translations of report headers.
- 2/20/2010 ver 6.12, rev 2 :
- Moved the 'Software Key' sub menu from 'Timing' to it's own menu at the top of the software.
- Added an option under 'Software Key' explaining how to deal with common key problems including the situation where the key isn't found.
- Added logic to allow non ASCII characters (such as many used in Icelandic) to be transmitted correctly to Live-Timing.
- Added import and export options for Cross Country points.
- Corrected a potential error that could occur if the number in top seed was set to 0 (zero) and the 'Automatically Assign Bib Numbers/Start Numbers' was selected.
Version 6.12 2/3/2010
- Added functionality to accommodate a change in the format of the FIS lists. The format of the list (as made by USSA) was changed to deal with some very long competitor names without them being truncated. This version must be used for FIS races using list 8.
- 1/19/2010 ver 6.11, rev 2 :
- Corrected a problem with the addition of race levels of ENL, NJR and UNI where it wasn't using the category adder for the penalty calculation. These now use the same value as other FIS races.
Version 6.11 1/18/2010
- Added functionality to work with the new Toolbox software. Although transparent while using this software the features enabled in the Toolbox include:
- Works with the National/FIS software with 1 run and 2 run formats.
- Requires a key and license or demo mode may be used for up to 10 minutes at a time if an internet connection is available.
- Ability to view basic header information.
- Ability to view competitor list.
- Option to view detailed competitor information.
- Competitor list may be sorted as needed. Sorted order is maintained.
- 'Automatic' sort feature which will sort by Name, Bib Number, Start Number, 1st Run result, or Combined result depending on which data is set.
- Ability to see full data while timing including competitor in start gate, competitors on course, recently finished and leaders.
- Timing screen can be resized and all aspects of the screen adjust for optimal viewing or for clearer display via TV or projector.
- Other changes to the software:
- Added Super Combined and Kinder Kombi fields to Import and Export.
- Removed a section of code specifically added at some point previously for non FIS Candian events (ACA events) that changed the order of ties in column "C" of the penalty calculation. ACA events now deal with this the same way as FIS.
- 12/23/2009 ver 6.10, rev 3 :
- Corrected an error in the interface to the CP540 when connected via LAN.
- Corrected an error that wouldn't allow the Category Adder to be entered for race levels ENL and NJR.
- 12/18/2009 ver 6.10, rev 2 :
- We're working on solving an issue with sending attached reports to Live-Timing.com. While this is being resolved this revision uses the old approach of line by line transmission rather than the whole report at once. If planning to use attached reports please use this revision.
Version 6.10 12/17/2009
- Changed the process of sending .xml results via Email so that it no longer compresses the file to a zipped format.
- Corrected a problem with the email process where the attached results file could be named Part1.2 instead of the file name.
- Improved the logic when selecting between 'email' or 'save to file' for sending skidata files. It now gracefully manages cancelling out of the screen used to select the destination path for the saved files.
- Removed the option to save the results files to a floppy.
- Improved the selection process and descriptions for choosing the method of updating the license for the software key.
- 12/13/2009 ver 6.09, rev 5 :
- Added Kinder Kombi. This includes new fields for KK penalty, points and will pull KK points from the Canadian points list (KK points aren't in the USSA points list [yet]).
- Corrected logic for selecting officials because it could get in a situation where they could no longer be selected.
- Added more space to the National race code to accommodate lengthened codes by Canada.
- For Canadian codex: if 'NAT' is entered as part of the code the 'NAT' prefix won't be added when creating the XML.
- 12/8/2009 ver 6.09, rev 4 :
- Expanded the field size for Name in the Edit Competitor screen. The maximum was 28 characters to match the USSA generated FIS list but now allows manual editing of up to 40 characters.
- 11/21/2009 ver 6.09, rev 3 :
- Added a checkbox on the Live-Timing tab named 'Send Data' which is checked by default. Unchecking this will mean the software will no longer send data to Live-Timing. This is useful when a copy has been made of a registered file and used on another computer. A typical situation where this is needed would be where a system B computer is using a copy of the file being used on system A and the copy was made after the race was registered with Live-Timing.
- Added FIS categories ENL and NJR.
- Corrected logic for Snowboard PGS when generating XML results file to place non-ranked competitors in the correct section with the correct status.
- 11/13/2009 ver 6.09, rev 2 :
- Added functionality to the process to send results via email. It now includes the ability to change the port from the default of 25 and the extended header has the 'mailer' set to 'Split Second'.
Version 6.09 11/12/2009
- Reworked the process to send results via email (in the previous version it wasn't working).
- Correction to the process of loading FIS snowboard points where it would add an extra digit to the FIS number.
- 11/2/2009 ver 6.08, rev 3 :
- For import added an option to select how duplicates are determined. May now choose between Bib (which was how it worked in the past) and USSA and/or FIS number. This is useful for importing competitors before bibs are assigned.
- LAN connection for TAG Heuer CP540 has been enabled again, with bi-directional printing.
- Applying an EET now creates an audit entry.
- 10/24/2009 ver 6.08, rev 2 :
- Added bi-directional printing for TAG Heuer CP540/CP440.
- Changed listing of TAG Heuer CP540 to include the new CP440 timer.
- Corrected logic while changing between Serial/LAN/USB with regards to Timer Mapping.
- Updated key driver with installation to latest version which supports Windows 7.
Version 6.08 9/12/2009
- Added a practice mode. If a timer or port hasn't been defined in the 'setup and test' screen the single course timing screen will start in 'practice mode'. This mode allows manual starts and finishes so timing may be practiced. There's a full explanation when the timing screen is opened. Times are only recorded to the whole second and all times receive an audit entry stating they're practice times.
- Added logic to TOD Fix so Start and Finish times may still be assigned that happened when inputs were blocked via the software, or when nobody was on course.
- The following are all Cross Country changes:
- Corrected logic for rankings so based on precision for race. This means if two competitors are tied to the tenth (but not the hundredth) they will be ranked as tied.
- Added a field for 'Seed' which can be accessed via 'Edit Competitor' or 'Block Edit'. Seed value is displayed as a column on the Competitors Tab.
- Added Import and Export options for 'Seed'.
- Added sort options for 'Seed'.
- Added ability to download and use newly available CC FIS points list from USSA FTP site.
- Changed the logic to use the correct CC points for each event type.
- Changed the descriptions for CC Points in the Edit Competitor to 'Sprint', 'Distance' and 'Combined'. The Combined points aren't used for anything in the software but are included because they're in the USSA CC Points list.
- Changed description of CC event 'Pursuit' to '2 Day Pursuit' to make the clear between back to back pursuit events that can be treated as a single race.
- Added logic to extract FIS number for a competitor from the USSA Points list (if available).
- Made a correction to points list processing where it wouldn't pull competitors who didn't have a CC FIS number in the list.
- 8/3/2009 ver 6.07, rev 5 :
- Changed interface to ALGE Timy via USB so the software will start gracefully (without an error) if the Timy USB driver hasn't been installed.
- Proxy Server password is now masked when entering, and encrypted in the data file.
- 6/14/2009 ver 6.07, rev 4 :
- Corrected a problem where transmission of data to Live-Timing would cause the software to wait if there was a problem with the connection or the connection was slow.
- 6/5/2009 ver 6.07, rev 3 :
- Fix for interface for Summit Systems SRT1000 timer.
- Added automatic registration of ActiveX Control for use by ALGE Timy USB interface.
- 5/29/2009 ver 6.07, rev 2 :
- Added support for ALGE Timy connected via USB. This requires a driver to be installed which is available from ALGE. The interface also includes a utility written by ALGE (and modified slightly). Select USB on the Timing Test screen, select Timy from the dropdown which enables the USB Timy Control button. The Timy Control screen includes a link to get the driver.
- Changed the way Attached Reports are uploaded to Live-Timing.com. Instead of uploading line by line it's now done all at once. Much faster!
- Fixed a bug where Offical's USSA numbers could get changed if the user went from entering an official to entering an official as a forunner.
- Rearranged the layout for the Edit | Options screen and added extra fields for defining an HTML proxy. Now can set Server, Port, User Name and Password.
Version 6.07 5/20/2009
- Major update behind the scenes to move to the latest software development environment. All features of the sotware should work as they did before, with the exception of the LAN interface to the CP 540 timer.
- 3/24/2009 ver 6.06, rev 7 :
- Added support for HTML Proxy servers. This is needed where the network being used doesn't allow direct connection to web sites but channels them through a Proxy server. The settings are made in Edit | Options. Set the 'Port' field to the dotted IP address or host name and 'Proxy Port' to the port number. If you are unsure of either of these, ask your network administrator.
- 3/13/2009 ver 6.06, rev 6 :
- Minor change for Snowboard Halfpipe when using Keypads.
- 1/10/2009 ver 6.06, rev 5 :
- Added options to choose Club or Nat on results for these reports (both under Reports | Other) : "Race Results with Ranks" and "Results by Best Time".
- Changed SkiData output for Super Combined to include 2nd event data correctly.
- Fixed a problem with Super Combined logic where it wouldn't allow editing of the Assistant Referee.
- Added UNI to Race Level.
- 1/5/2009 ver 6.06, rev 4 :
- Changes for Super Combined: On the header screen a data entry box allows entry of technical data for the second event. Report header layout changed to include additional technical data.
- 1/29/2009 ver 6.06, rev 3 :
- Added a report for 'Results by Best Time' in the 'Other' section of the list of reports.
- When a competitor is pulled from the points list the Club information is no longer cleared or overwritten unless the list contains Club data (USSA lists don't have Club data).
- Changed creation of SkiData file to leave capitalization unchanged for name suffixes, so a name such as 'SMITH, James III' would retain the suffix 'III' rather than going to 'Iii'.
- 1/4/2009 ver 6.06, rev 2 :
- Added functionality to trap file errors. This should solve, or gracefully narrow down, the problem where the defaults file could become corrupted. It should also narrow down and identify unexpected file related errors with Vista.
Version 6.06 12/20/2008
- Added support for reports in French. There's now a new option at the top of reports menu allowing you to change report language to French. This doesn't apply to all reports but most combinations of Alpine reports have been translated. Special thanks to Jean-Yves Gregoire for his translation help.
- Pulling points from Canadian Points Lists will now also get Super Combined.
- 11/28/2008 ver 6.05, rev 4 :
- Made correction for Snowboard PGS events where was sorting when creating SkiData files (it shouldn't have been sorting because competitors are placed in order manually).
- Updated the explanation on how to load Canadian Points Lists.
- Added 'Super Combined' to drop down selection on Live-Timing tab.
- 11/20/2008 ver 6.05, rev 3 :
- Added the ability to associate logos with race listings on Live-Timing. Logos may be uploaded to Live-Timing.com via a web interface, then from the Live-Timing tab a list of the available logos may be uploaded and selected.
- FIS Snowboard Points List - logic changed to deal with gender set to 'L' instead of 'F'.
- 11/18/2008 ver 6.05, rev 2 :
- Added features for ALGE RTNM Scoreboard output. Can now select preset panels. Definitions for panels are set in the scoreboard setup and then the panels are selected via a drop down from the timing screen. Panel 3 is preset for 'Custom Text' which prompts for 2 lines of up to 16 characters.
Version 6.05 11/7/08
- Software automatically checks for updates if the computer is online.
- Added new 'Start of Season' features. When the software is used for the first time for the season a screen comes up suggesting the following housekeeping (they are optional):
- Updates F-Factors
- Delete old Alpine Points Lists
- Move all races to a sub folder
- Software now checks the available disk space when it starts. A warning is given if the available space is less than 10Mb.
- Correction made for Canadian race points calculation where it was using the maximum value of 500 in error (now 999 maximum).
- Added the points list used to the bottom of Alpine reports.
- Tag are no longer allowed in Live-Timing entry fields. This is the first step in changing the way logos are managed for Live-Timing.com. More to come...
Version 6.04 3/21/08
- Updated SkiData XML output to deal with points lists numbered higher than 9.
- Corrected a problem with TOD Fix that sometimes caused cascading errors when the log included Intermediate results.
- Changed the default input mapping for the CP540 to match that used by the 540.
- Fixed a problem with connecting the CP 540 via LAN where it could give cascading errors if the timer couldn't be found.
- Added the ability to change the IP in the software for LAN Timers.
Version 6.03 3/18/08
- Updated the logic for downloading points lists to manage lists numbered '10' and higher.
- Updated description of inputs for MicroGate RaceTime2.
- 3/7/2008 ver 6.03, rev 15 : Added 'User Name' field to Live-Timing registration process. The combination of User Name and password is needed to edit the header record on www.Live-Timing.com.
- Corrected a problem with Live-Timing registration where sometimes the 'Register' button wouldn't be available when not yet registered.
- Changed the logic for registering the Sex of the race with Live-Timing. (There was a problem where sometimes the wrong gender would be recorded, but I was unable to duplicate the problem to fix it, so I just changed the logic to always send the current gender)
- 2/22/2008 ver 6.02, rev 14 : Changes to RTNM Scoreboard Output:
- Changed logic so sends data every second even if it's duplicate data in the hope it solves an issue with data getting missed or out of alignment.
- Added the Club/Quota field to the RTNM format 1.
- 2/22/2008 ver 6.02, rev 13 : Made it an option of FIS results to include the Club field. This option is given when select 'Race Results' and it's a FIS race.
- 2/14/2008 ver 6.02, rev 12 : Correction to the Scoreboard output for the ALGE RTNM display.
- 2/11/2008 ver 6.02, rev 11 : Corrected SkiData for Snowboard SBX and HalfPipe where it had an incorrect end tag on non ranked competitors.
- 1/31/2008 ver 6.02, rev 10 : Corrected a problem where the Hard Copy generated in the Ski Data process could have the file name from the other sex.
- Corrected a problem that could occur when trying to open a file that wasn't a race file.
- Added a Point Report for Snowboard (equivalent to a Penalty Report).
- 1/21/08 ver 6.02, rev 9 : Changed calculation for Rank for Snowboard BX.
- Changed Snowboard BX to correctly calculate 90% of competitors who started.
- Corrected problem where format setting for older ALGE displays wasn't being saved.
- 1/15/08 ver 6.02, rev 8 : Added support for ALGE scoreboard RTNM. There are two text output formats for this display with an explanation of both on the Timing | Setup and Test screen.
Although these output formats were written for the RTNM they may be useful for other purposes... such as an announcer screen or graphics output to TV (there may be more to come about this, so 'stay tuned').
- 1/9/08 ver 6.02, rev 7 : Added support for TAG Heuer CP 540. In addition to the normal Serial interface this timer has an Ethernet connection so it can be used via a LAN. Full support for this in both Time-Of-Day and Net times has been added.
- Added timer option for Microgate RaceTime2 at 9600 baud.
- Added Snowboard PSL and corrected SkiData format for PGS and PSL. Since PSL is so similar to PGS they are listed together on the list of Snowboard Disciplines with an option to choose between them on the bottom right of the Header Screen. The data needs to be in the correct result order before taking the SkiData (same as for Results). It gives a message explaining this.
- 12/30/07 ver 6.02, rev 6 : Snowboard BoarderX Changes:
- Changed the Race Result format to include qualifying times for those outside the finals and semi-finals. Also, instead of listing the round for each competitor it now breaks out headers by round. This closely matches the World Cup SBX format.
- Corrected the logic for rank to include qualifying times.
- It now creates the correct SBX XML transmission format for FIS.
- Added and narrowed columns to Competitors Screen. (you may need to expand the screen size because they're narrow but all columns are included so you won't need to scroll left and right)
- 12/20/07 ver 6.02, rev 5 : Added logic to deal with read-only files and not attempt to save files to non-writable media (such as a CD). Files often are set to read only when moved between computers via CD.
- Added logic to check if the file to be opened (either race file or import file) is currently locked by another application such as Excel or Word so it can be dealt with gracefully. Now it gives a warning explaining the file is locked.
- Added support for creating Ski Data XML format for FIS for Snowboard Half Pipe.
- Modified logic for USSA Numbers to transmission file so values with spaces instead of a number count the same as an empty setting and are set to 'M000000'.
- 12/15/07 ver 6.02, rev 4 : not released
- 11/16/07 ver 6.02, rev 3 : Added support for Omega OTR7, net times only.
- 11/14/07 ver 6.02, rev 2 : Changed the logic for entering names in the Competitor Edit screen to deal with names such as O Brien with a character followed by a space as part of their last name.
Version 6.02 11/9/07
- Added Quota Report, listed under Reports | Other.
- Added new timer option for 'TAG 520/705 Net Times Only'. This accepts times from the timer when the timing is managed on timer rather than the computer. For the CP 705 it will also accept DNF data and move it to the DNF section in the timing screen.
- Changed .dll file for Summit Systems SRT1000 to newer version. This version allows serial ports above 4 for the SRT1000.
- 11/6/07 ver 6.01, rev 2 : Added the revision number to the title on the main screen.
- Changed abbreviation for Super Combined back to 'SC' (was changed to 'K' in error).
Version 6.01 11/5/07
- Installation changed to support Windows Vista.
- Changed abbreviation for Super Combined from 'SC' to 'K'. This applies to the Ski Data Output file and Seed Cards. (this change was actually in error and was 'undone' for ver 6.01 revision 2 above)
- Changed one recipient for FIS results transmission to email@example.com
- Changed XML processing logic for the race file so that html tags could be embedded in text fields (such as an image tag in the description for Live-Timing).
Version 6.00 10/22/07
- Reads the new Points Lists format from USSA which includes Super Combined.
- Result Audit system added:
- Applies to Alpine and Masters events.
- When any change is made to a result an Audit entry is created with the computer's date and time, the result set at that time, and the source (since there are many ways results may be entered or edited within the software).
- There may be up to 20 Audit entries per result. Typically there's just one.
- Audit entries for a result may be viewed via the Edit Competitor screen.
- Manually entered results are hilighted on the Competitors screen with an '*'.
- A summary of the source of results is listed at the top of the Competitors Screen.
- Audit entries may not be edited or deleted. They are stored encrypted in the race file.
- There is a "TD Audit Report" which shows the source of all results and lists details of any results with more than one Audit entry. This is listed under "Reports | Other" and will display for either run or both.
- Added an explanation on the Live-Timing tab explaining how Live-Timing works and what Timing Staff need to be aware of so results can be presented as accurately as possible.
- Added a much simpler method to Update Licenses. May only be used to Update Key(s) if online but removes all the hassle of dealing with Key Codes while still taking secure payment (you'll be directed to a web page to take payment).
- Changed the name of the software to "National FIS".
- Created a new logo and icon matching that used by Split Second and Live-Timing.
- The default path for files (races) has been changed to be more consistent with Windows. Previously the default was always C:\My Documents. Now it defaults to the user's "My Documents" folder (which is a different folder), and through Edit | Options may be changed to any folder you select. The location is stored in the registry.
- A new installation utility is now used.
- A New Key driver has been added to installation process. This driver supports Windows Vista.
- The Driver is now automatically installed whenever the software is installed.
- If an installation prompt come up when the Key is attached the 'install automatically' option should be taken.
- The 'Install Driver' option has been removed from menu since it's no longer needed.
- Added shortcut keys for the Competitors Screen. [Ins] or Alt-I for Insert, [Del] or Alt-D for Delete, Alt-E for Edit, Alt-F for Find and Alt-M for Move. These are not case sensitive.
- The popups on the timing screens (for DNF, pass etc.) can no longer be resized and they can't be accidentally dragged off the screen. This solves a potential problem where the pop-up could get lost, effectively locking up the timing screeen since the pop-up couldn't be closed.
- Added a warning on the import screen if the "replace" setting was selected to warn the user they may be about to overwrite data.
- Changed the icon for help buttons.
- Corrected a potential problem where it was possible to import data where the bib number had leading or trailing spaces. It could cause a problem previously because a " 2" bib is different than a "2".
- In case the above had happened on any files it now always truncates the value for Bib when reading the race file.
- Corrected a problem for Slope Style where points were always coming out at 50.
- Changed so that if a USSA # starts with "X" it will leave the nation blank on a USSA non-FIS event.
- Updated the 'About Demo Mode' screen.
Version 5.22 3/28/07
- Expanded maximum points list to 15,000 competitors. Previously was 10,000
and latest USSA list has 10,060 Male competitors.
- 3/27/07 ver 5.21, rev 15 : Added an Intermediate Report for: 3 Intermediates, 1 Speed Trap, 1 Run short
for the US Nationals
- Added an option on the timing screen to 'ignore snow seed'. This is visible
when someone in the race has the snowseed flag set. This is needed when a
snowseed is set, but it's not used in the race, so the correct 'next person'
is loaded in the start gate.
- 3/15/07 ver 5.21, rev 14 : Changed Export for HP/SS Round result to 2 decimal places
- 3/13/07 ver 5.21, rev 13 : Added export options for Snowboard HP/SS ranks each round
- 3/12/07 ver 5.21, rev 12 : Added sort, import and export for Heat for Snowboard
- 3/12/07 ver 5.21, rev 11 : Added an additional snowboard TTR field of TTR ID
- 2/24/07 ver 5.21, rev 10 : Added Course Length to Snowboard BoarderX
- 2/23/07 ver 5.21, rev 9 : Added ability to manage a Snowboard BoarderX event where qualifying is best of
2 runs instead of 1 run. Option is on the header. Once set allows editing &
timing of 2 runs. New report added for Best of 2 BX Qualifying.
- (rev 8 used as interim rev)
- 2/2/07 ver 5.21, rev 7 : Extra fields available for competitors to manage data for TTR Snowboard events.
Fields are G/R, Nationality, Sponsor, Birthdate. Fields activated via check box at bottom of Header screen when Snowboard.
- Modified logic for Omega TL5005 because was capturing Start and Intermediate but not Finish Inputs.
- 1/14/07 ver 5.21, rev 6 : Made extra options visible for Half Pipe, average scores, drop hi/low.
- Added display board TAG Heuer HL 980 Alphanumeric. When selected gives an
option to select display format (currently just one option) and display
- 12/22/06 ver 5.21, rev 5 : Modified 'Setup and Test' screen to show more meaningful descriptions for inputs.
Instead of 1,2,3... representing the descriptions Start,Fin,Int 1 etc. it now
lists the descriptions.
- Modified parsing of input data from ALGE TdC8000 so times that are edited or
cleared are ignored. This means that in addition to using the 8000 in TOD mode
it can also be used in the Split program and timing can be managed on the 8000
as well as the Computer.
- Corrected issue with S4 where wasn't recognising all inputs. Can now use any of
the first 16 inputs for any purpose via Input Mapping.
- 12/18/06 ver 5.21, rev 4 : Improved logic for creating SkiData file for Masters races. Previously missing
a number of header fields and not including competitor times.
- Corrected label for Super Combined FFactor which was visible for non-Alpine
- 12/15/06 ver 5.21, rev 3 : Replaced the default sendto address of Prisca Longhi to
- Correction to Snowboard to allow entry of Heat (field was mixed up with Masters
- 12/10/06 ver 5.21, rev 2 : Added Super Combined. This has the basics in place for testing purposes. More
to come shortly.
Version 5.21 12/7/06
- Some FIS numbers are now 7 digits which meant the FIS points list changed format
slightly. Software will read the new format (and still read the old one).
- Added Print option to EET screen.
- Changed EET logic so need to click on button to apply EET times.
- 12/6/06 ver 5.20, rev 3 : Added EET calculations screen. The option is on the Competitor Screen on the
'Other Options' menu. There can be up to 10 EETs in a race, each one can
calculate an EET for up to 3 competitors using either hand times or system B
times. Times are based on a Start and Finish, or an Elapsed. See instructions
on the page for quick ways to enter TOD data.
- Added shortcut methods for entering Time Of Day data. Used for TOD Edit and
EET calculation screen. Each of these have a help button with explanation.
- Added Import option for Start and Finish Time of Day, Hand Times and System B
Times. Hand and Sys B data can be managed as a Start and a Finish or just as an
Elapsed (the Elapsed is entered either manually or through the import, rather
than being a calculated elapsed based on Start and Finish).
- Changed default extension for Export from *.* (no extension) to *.csv to match
default on Import since usually will be choosing comma separated format.
- Added options to Export screen to export Time of Day (TOD) data for start and
finish of each run. Primary purpose is to export system B times.
- Added option to Export screen 'set to Export System B Times', sets to fields for
Bib, Run 1 Start TOD, Run 1 Finish TOD, Run 2 Start TOD, Run 2 Finish TOD.
- Changed 'Intervals' to 'Intermediates' since intervals is more applicable to
start interval (time between starts).
- Changed 'Assign Menu' to 'Other Options' since it included more than assignment
- 11/8/06 ver 5.20, rev 2 : Changed the 'Send Ski Data Files' screen layout so that it also displays
the contents of the SkiData file. This is useful as a 'sanity check' to make sure the file looks OK.
Version 5.20 10/30/06
- Fixed a problem with the previous version where Software Key could give an error
- Made defaults for Top Seed and Number to Reverse 30 instead of 15
- Alpine, Snowboard etc. are now referred to as 'Discipline'
- DH, SL, GS etc. are now referred to as 'Event'
Version 5.19 10/27/06
- Added 'Time-Of-Day Fix' process. Allows changes to start, finish and intervals by pulling times directly out of the timing log. Once the screen comes up simply move the mouse over the entries in the log and a small popup will show the elapsed if that time is used. Simply click on a line to use that time.
This option is available on the Competitors tab as a button and as an option in the right-click menu, and from the list of options for a competitor while timing.
- New look for About screen.
- Added functionality to Competitor Tab so that 'Ins' and 'Del' keys work.
- Added list of improvements to the software.
- Added support for Omega TL5005 to the software (currently untested).
- For ALGE scoreboard option there is an additional option for alternate data output expected by older displays.
- Added option when right click on a competitor in Competitors tab to send 1st or 2nd run times to scoreboard.
- Timing Equipment drop down is now pre loaded with list.
- Will automatically update to new 06/07 F-Factors.
- Strong warnings added to options that change Start Number if anyone has a result in the race already. Start Numbers should not be changed once the race has started!
- Changed 'Category' tag in Ski Data format for USSA non scored races to be 'NON'.
Version 5.18 2/15/06
- New driver for TAG Heuer PTB 605. The previous version according to TAG Heuer "could cause memory leaks in some very specific situations when a usb-serial adapter is used".
- Important Fix for Canadian Users!! Correction made to the change for National Code from the last version because it wouldn't correctly deal with competitors with 6 digit code for SkiData file for ACA.
Version 5.17 2/3/06
- Added support for TAG Heuer 650.
- Warning added on timing screen if competitor in the Start already has a time for that run.
Displays a warning in bold red just underneath the competitor.
- Improved logic to deal with memory sticks. If a race is opened from a memory stick and then it's removed the software will
now give a warning and continue working with the data and save it to the default folder.
- The following options have all been added to assist with correcting timing issues:
- New option in Timing Log to easily Copy a time. Simply left click on a TOD (Time Of Day) and it will be copied to the clipboard.
- Buttons added in TOD Edit screen to paste from clipboard.
- Added 'TOD Edit' as option in timing menus (click on person in timing sections or DNF section).
- Removed blank entries that crept into saved drop down for officials etc.
- Canadian Users
- Maximum penalty for ACA events hard coded at 500. If penalty calculates above 500 it will be shown but 500 will be placed in Applied Penalty section of report and Skidata file.
- Maximum points for competitors for ACA events is set to 500.
- Changed some remaining references from 'USSA' to 'ACA'.
- In the Skidata file for ACA events a Competitor with a National Code of fewer than 5 digits is now padded to be acceptable for ACA processing.
- HP: Added option to print Key Pad Log.
- HP: Position of Officials lookup moved so doesn't interfere with other entry fields.
Version 5.16 1/14/06
- Option for number to reverse for 2nd run.
Previously the number to reverse defaulted to the number in the top seed. It became necessary to have a separate field.
- Option to "Hide" and "Expose" competitors. This was done for Canadian users to generate reports without
including foreign entries but may be useful for other purposes such as: temporarily removing someone, or to work with
a subset of competitors. note: A block of competitors can be hidden at the same time if needed.
- New Reports for "Results with Ranks" and "Results by Class with Ranks". These only apply to 2 run events.
- Results by Class Report now includes all times for all competitors including those who were DQ'd on the 1st run but ran the 2nd
run anyway etc. (such as J5 races)
- New options for Copying Races to and from the computer. This matches the Club software (see File | Copy Race)
- Correction in the sending of attached reports to Live-Timing.com. The apostrophe (') wasn't being sent correctly which meant
times over 1 minute on FIS reports didn't read correctly.
- New FTP location for Points Lists. The USSA changed the location of the files on their server. The lists should be in the new
location and the old location for the rest of the season.
- Snowboard - There have been significant changes for Snowboard, including:
- Ability to manage and score PGS events. This includes dual timing for qualifying and all reports. Contact Geoff for a full
explanation of how to manage these events as there's some manual steps involved.
- Tie breaking for Half Pipe
- Ability to upload FIS points list from USSA
- Full support for Slopestyle
- Canadian Users
- Through agreements with the Laurentian Division and BC Alpine the non-timing version may be used by their member clubs
at no charge.
- Addition of "Hide" and "Expose" feature listed above. Option specifically for Canadian Users on the header to "Hide" all non-Canadian competitors.
- Modifications to "SkiData" file when it's a non-FIS event. The ACA needed some fields to be different for their scoring for non-FIS events.
- Extra line at the bottom of Reports. See the Header screen when Country is set to CAN.
Version 5.15 11/9/05
- Change per rules for direction changes for Slalom
- Homologation number field expanded
- Ability to block start and finish inputs from timing screen
- Can now edit people in the DNF list
- Timing Log options, can now clear log or stream to serial port (options in Timing menu)
- Ability to manage up to 6 intervals and 3 speed traps
- Additional interval reports
- Optional line for bottom of all reports (see Header screen when Country is CAN)
- note: other CAN specific options will follow shortly in the next version
- Changed to interact with new site (www.Live-Timing.com)
- Sends all Interval and Speed Trap data
- Optional 'Password' field. Will allow editing of header data through the web site (coming)
Version 5.11 1/30/05
- Real Time Changes:
- No longer require Software Key to use Real Time.
- Race Type, Sex & Ski Area included as their own fields
- Ability to attach (and manage) reports
- Can now send messages directly from Timing Screen
- When do "Save As" with a race registered with Real Time will give options of keep/lose registration
- See race results at: Live-Timing.com
- Changes specific for Canada:
- Thanks to an agreement with BCAlpine the non-timing version may now be used FREE for BCAlpine clubs
- Option to set to Canadian settings from defaults and header screens. Software will change from US to Canadian almost everywhere!
- Can use Canadian points lists directly (see yellow '?' button on Points & Lists screen once country is set to Canada)
- SkiData file extended to include additional tags required by Alpine Canada
- New report - Start list for Hand Timers with space to write in a time etc.
- Option to only send 2nd run time to scoreboard, as opposed to 2nd and combined (look in Setup and Test)
- Ability to get directly to "Device Manager" via option in "Setup and Test" (useful for bedugging serial ports)
- Option to Automatically print each page of the log as it gets full (see Edit|Options)
- Support for using Summit SRT1000's as Keypads for entry of scores for Halfpipe
- Processing for Snowboard Points List corrected to deal with new list format
- Slight modification in penalty calc, will show a negative calculated penalty if by chance that happens
- Correction of error caused by creating a file as Alpine then changing to Masters
- Change in Snowboard points calculation: It was assigning points to top 90% of racers, now assigns to 90% of ranked racers
Version 5.10 11/8/04
- Added Real Time capabilities. This is done through a new tab in the software.
To use it the computer needs to be online, then fill out the section on the Real Time tab and register the race.
While doing the timing the data is transferred to the web and made available at
- Sizeable screens. If the main form or the timing forms are made larger (dragged or maximized) the fields
adjust position and size. In the main screen only really noticable on the list of competitors
- Block Edit feature added to competitor screen
- When first used will update f-factors for 04/05 season
- Added support for timer: Summit Systems SRT1000 (first homologated timer made in the US)
- Added support for timer: Microgate REI2
- Added support for additional inputs for PTB605 and CP705 (inputs via 25 pin "ext. connector")
- Added functionality to Export so can export times in various formats and precision
- When importing year of birth will correctly import if YY (as specified) or YYYY (4 digit year of birth)
- Cross Country:
- Both sexes can now be timed at the same time. Enter in their own sex as though they were
separate (as in Alpine) but when timing it searches both sexes for the bib number and manages everything accordingly
- Corrected problem with "Time of Day" entry for starts and finishes in Edit Competitor screen
- Corrected problem where all reports were listed as "Classic"
Version 5.01 11/25/03
- Fixed problem in timing screen where undo DNF wasn't working (was caused by conversion to micro-second precision)
- Removed reference to third party .dll that was causing an error accessing the floppy in some situations
- Corrected problem where gate number for DSQ would be reset (this applied to the DQ reason as well)
- Timing screen now lists Gender and Race Stats (number of DNF, DNS etc. at the bottom of the screen)
- Now saves setting for Auto-Sort and Auto-Capitalize
- Added Club/Quota to Import and Export
- Import of full name from comma separated file will add a comma if needed to match the correct format (LAST, FIRST)
- After import the competitor screen is now updated to reflect the new competitors/changes
- While in the list of competitors the [Del] key now functions the same as hitting the 'Delete' button
- Changed looking up points from the Snowboard Points List to use Combined points for SL and GS
Version 5.00 11/12/03
- Modified subject in email of results to FIS to country and code as requested by FIS
- (first 'real' release for the season after testing of new features)
Version 4.92 10/31/03
- Added support for USB software key (dongle)
- No longer need software key attached before starting the computer (USB or Parallel key)
- Driver for Windows 2000 & XP can now be installed vis option in the software (Timing|Software Key|Install Driver)
- Changed 'skidata' output so only includes .xml file and changed subject to only be the USSA code or FIS codex
- Time calculations now take advantage of all precision supplied by timers. Previously expected times to the millisecond (0.001), now uses everything available to the microsecond (0.000001)
- Time-of-day modified to take full precision beyond the millisecond as above
- Support for "Phoenix B" display board
- Modified output through PTB ver 13 for control of display boards
- Added column for USSA or FIS number on competitor screen
- Snowboard - Changed levels of competition and point ranges
- Snowboard - changed so only scores first 90% of ranked field
The following changes were done in unreleased versions
- Lengthened description field from 40 to 50 characters
- Ability to deal with 4 digit TD numbers (done in a previous unreleased version)
- Added interval report for 2 intervals 1 run short (also in unreleased previous version)
Version 4.08 11/18/02
- Added Timing for Cross Country!
- Functions much the same way, with the same basic features, as the DOS XC timing software.
It's an important new feature, so feedback is especially welcomed...
- Corrected problem where race points were being calculated for people with only 1 run in a 2 run event.
- Changed new Import feature so it won't overwrite 2nd run times for DNQ competitors.
- Fixed problem where Penalty Report was included twice in email or copied to floppy etc. This was due to
a combination of the way this process worked and the new feature of including both the original SkiData and the new XML formats.
- Added header to each page of interval reports.
- Corrected problem with minimum time for intervals in timing screen.
- Corrected sorting for interval report where printing interval report for 1st run in a 2 run event.
Version 4.07 11/13/02
- Added bi-directional printing for TAG Heuer PBT 605. Must have version 13 of PTB firmware.
- There's a new option in the timer selection specifically for the PTB v13, added to the bottom of the list in the "Setup & Test" screen.
- To tell if you have version 13 you can either 1) turn the timer on with the PTB printer attached, it prints
the version when it starts (like "PTB 605-V13 No xxxx"), or 2) Just try the new timer option. If you don't have v13
you won't even get inputs coming in on the Timing Test screen.
- While timing extra information is printed out through the PTB printer such as bib, name, time and current rank.
- Reports available specifically for the PTB printer. Great way to quickly output a 2nd run start list or results.
- Existing options to sync PTB timer and clear the memory still available through the Setup & Test screen.
- This option is also in the latest Ski Club software and the Nastar software for this season.
Version 4.06 11/10/02
- Fixed bugs found in earlier version related to sending skidata files (these only happened on W95 and 98):
- Correctly zips both old Skidata format and new .xml format
- Correctly copies skidata files to a floppy when requested
- Connects to USSA site for points download
Version 4.04 & 4.05
- Non released versions used while trying to solve elusive bug corrected in 4.06 above.
Version 4.03 11/5/02
- Another small but important fix because wasn't allowing the 'Race Results' option for some races.
Version 4.02 11/4/02
- Fixed a small but very serious bug accidentally introduced while adding pursuit. (combined times weren't being calculated at all for some race formats)
- Added options for additional inputs for ALGY TIMY so it can be used for interval timing.
Version 4.01 10/27/02
- Added support for Cross Country Pursuit. Key features are pursuit specific options in the Assign Menu to assign starts for the first event and to set second event start times based on the first event results.
- SkiData option now creates valid XML data format for Cross Country events.
- Added an option to assign time of day times for starts and finishes. This is primarily for Cross Country data entry but who knows... might be useful if doing a wireless race based purely on time of day...
- Improved duplicate checking for competitor data entry. When entering in the 'Competitor Edit' screen it checks for duplicates on Bib, Start Number, Name, FIS Points and USSA Points. Gives a warning if a duplicate found.
- Made a correction to the alpine penalty calculation. The problem only applied when exactly 10 competitors finished the race and the 10th ranked person was one of the top 5 point holders.
First release for 02/03 season.
There have been a LOT of changes and improvements over the summer... some
obvious, but many behind the scenes. So, enjoy the changes but please let
me know of any problems you may find, and check back closer to the season
for further updates....
- Converted from SkiData file
to new XML format for transmission of results to USSA and to FIS. The original
SkiData file is generated as well and the two of them zipped and attached
to the email. The results as text are still included in the body of the email.
Currently only the alpine races create a valid XML file. Masters, Cross Country
and Snowboard will follow shortly.
- Converted the internal storage
used by the software to XML as well. The first time the software is started
it converts the existing defaults file (containing all your current settings).
Files in the old .alp can still be opened but they are immediately converted
to XML and saved. The conversion to XML will allow additions to the software
to be made more easily and to eliminate any problems with using race files
on different computers.
- Created powerful Import and
Export options. These allows files to be created with any combination of
fields and gives the ability to read files with fields in any order etc.
Interface should be fairly self explanatory.
- Added ability to time with
up to 3 intervals (splits). Set this in the "Run Data" page and set the inputs
in the input mapping for your timer. Options in timing screen to set minimum
time for each interval and to deal with false interval / missed interval
by clicking on the interval line for any competitor. Currently only
reports available for 1 interval (1 or 2 run races). Let me know as you need
more and I'll add them...
- Added option on Competitor
Page to edit Time of Day information including interval times.
- The first time the software
is run for the new season it will give you the option to automatically update
the F-Factors and minimum seed point values for the coming season.
Version 3.09 2/21/02
Version 3.08 2/14/02
- Corrected a problem caused by the
last update where the choice of Official or Unofficial wasn't asked when generating
Version 3.07 1/21/02
- Now has the ability to make Ski
- Corrected problem with reports where Masters age groups listed off
by a year.
- Will pull up officials from points list (if officials file included
is in zipped points list file created by USSA).
- 4 digit FIS TD numbers now included
correctly on reports.
- Can now specify the course name for the Halfpipe.
- Modified the transmittal report to include Freestyle Jury for Halfpipe.
- Can now optionally include Club
information on USSA reports.
- Added a message while changing between
sexes and internally simplified the process.
- Corrected situation where if it
couldn't find the last race used it would then give an error.
- Corrected similar problem as above
when moving files to and from a floppy.
- Fixed a bug where it printed far
too many results (n x n) when asked for multiple copies.
- Simplified application header and
moved much of the race information to the bottom bar to improve Windows conformity.
- Corrected problem that happened
when assigning bibs to races with over 256 competitors
- Added support for Electronumerics
Version 3.07 1/20/02
- Changed a small element of the install
Version 3.06 1/17/02
- Fixed a problem created by the change
in 3.06 where wouldn't send data to scoreboard while timing.
- Removed the need for the software
to maintain entries in the Registry.
- This will simplify things for
Windows NT/2000 users on networks
- The possible down side is it assumes your data is in the default
location of 'C:\My Documents\SplitSecond\Alpine and Snowboard'
Version 3.05 12/12/01
- Changed the method of working with
Serial Ports to get rid of the 'Range Check Error' that some people were experiencing
and work better with Windows NT and 2000.
- Improved logic to make sure it asks
for Penalty Report for Alpine FIS races.
- Added support for ALGE Timy (default
speed of 9600).
Version 3.04 12/10/01
- FIS TD Number expanded from 3 digits
to 4 to accommodate Snowboard FIS TD Numbers
- Modified Edit Competitor
screen for Masters to set gender from downloaded Competitor List
- Slight modification to enable
Snowboard Assign Menu items: "Assign HP Scores" and "Assign BX Ranks"
Version 3.03 12/10/01
- Replaced the process that connects
to USSA Web Site to download points lists so works with Windows 2000/ME/NT
Version 3.02 11/26/01
- Added ability to download competitor
list for Masters
- Fixed problem in manual time
entry where it would accept the gate number for a DSQ but wouldn't get into
the Competitor's record
hint:When entering results manually you can use the shortcut of
just entering F for DNF, S for DNS and Q for DSQ
- Added fields for Snowboard
for FIS Half Pipe and BoarderX points in Competitor Edit
Version 3.01 11/23/01
- Solved a bug where it wouldn't allow
you to access the license update screen. This crept in during the conversion
to the new development platform (D6)
Version 3.00 11/5/01
- Added reports specifically for Masters.
- With the major structural
changes over the summer a few features were accidentally disabled. They're
now working again:
- Automatic draw
- Manual entry of times
- Manual entry for start
- The software is now supported
for use with Windows 2000.
- (programming note: converted
- Changed license update process to support online orders!
- Added Masters
- 'Masters' option in sport selection
- Ability to edit Masters
classes separately from non-masters classes
- Gender field in Edit
- Additional Masters sorting
- note that there's a few
Masters features remaining to be added:
- Masters specific reports
- Specific automatic
assignment of start order/bibs
- Additions to the
manual for Masters
- Major structural change to
reduce resource use. This means less chance of the dreaded blue screen when
a lot of other programs running.
- Modified process to download
points lists due to changes at USSA
- Corrected problem in timing
with replacing finisher (thanks Chase)
- Improved process of checking
for duplicate competitors for data entry
- Changes to defaults for timer
mapping for ALGE S4 and TdC8000
- Added support for ALGE TIMY
- Added support for TAG Heuer
Version 2.06 2/5/01
Version 2.05 2/2/01
- Fixed 'move' option so the extra
field created at the end is always blank.
- Option to sort by Club/Quota
- Corrected problem with accepting
times from TdC4000. This how you must set the 4000 when starting up:
- select precision to 1/100 second
- split (1)
- start in groups? No
- difference timing (1)
Version 2.04 01/07/2001
- Corrected problem associated with
saving to / loading from floppy where floppy had to stay in drive. You can
take the floppy out now (after it's finished)
- Added option to Seed Cards
to include Club/Quota
Version 2.03 11/29/00
- Reduced .exe and installation size
so will once again fit on one floppy!
- Corrected problem where points
lists were being repeatedly reloaded while in timing screen.
- Allows number of gates AND
direction changes to be entered for Super-G.
- Selection of Officials from
officials list can be done using [Enter] just like competitor entry screen.
- Added simple import option
to Import Competitors.
- Modification to Software
Key updating process.
Version 2.02 11/16/00
- Removed restriction on date
- Added option for multiple
floppy download since 'setup' file size more than 1.4Mb (1/7/01 - file size
has since been reduced)
Version 2.01 11/10/00
- Added a new option: Assign Menu
| Start Numbers | Assign Manually. This is useful when doing the draw for
top seed. A pop-up appears like manual time entry with Bib and Start number
- Fixed sorting by Points for
FIS Snowboard events
- Added start time back in
reports for 2 run events (don't know why it had vanished - oops)
- Corrected Skidata output
to correctly put in 2nd run start time in run data section.
- Added extra names to EMail
list for USSA and FIS as per "Alpine Teaching Review & Update"
- Added [Ctrl]-V (paste) keystroke
- Removed beep when entering
- [Enter] now works like [Tab]
in most screens (Edit Comp, Header, Factors, Officials, Run Data) to simplify
- hint: Clicking
anywhere on the status bar at the bottom of the main screen (line that shows
sex /date / time) will change sex (as will Ctrl-S)
Version 2.00 10/29/00
- Minor change to allow entry of USSA
Max Points for a SG race. Previously the field was limited to 2 characters,
expanded to 4.
- Added a check to make sure
F-Factors and all max points are set correctly for this season. Will give
the option of updating them for you if not.
throughout Software . . .
Version 1.31 3/23/00
- Note: Since many changes
have been made and we're so close to the season please plan on downloading
an update to this version by the end of November.
- Added Cross Country
- Individual/Mass Start, Pursuit
- Ability to download points lists from USSA
- Send results in SkiData format
- Calculates Race Points and Penalty
- ** Pursuit and Sprint formats are still being finished...
- ** Timing not yet implemented...
- Ability to download points lists
- Corrections made to SkiData
- Changed 'rounds' selection and naming for HP and BX
- Verbage of 'Gates' changed to 'Features'
- Checks for duplicates when
- Improved tab order in Edit
- Can no longer run more than
1 copy of the software at once (could have caused data loss)
- Changed method of selecting
Sport/Race Type on Header screen
- Software always starts on
Header screen (so you can see what race you're working with more clearly)
Version 1.30 3/15/00
- Modification so 'Correction Value
(Z)' no longer gets reset to 0. This is in the Factors/Lists page.
Version 1.29 3/12/00
- Snowboard: Added 'Final Results'
and 'Results by Round' for BoarderX. All features are now present to score
and produce results for BoarderX. Still not finished are SkiData format for
HalfPipe and BoarderX, and the ability to download Snowboard points lists.
Version 1.28 3/11/00
- Modified Timing Screen to try to
solve 'screen delay'. Priority in screen updates given to actual timing screen
area, then 'most recent finishers', then 'leader board'. A small (0.2 second)
delay will be seen from a finish till the person appears on the finishers
list. If this was causing a problem please let us know if this did / didn't
solve the problem.
- Snowboard: Added most of the needed
features for BoarderX, currently being tested and final features added.
Version 1.27B 3/10/00
- Snowboard modifications:
- Changed format for Half Pipe stats
to handle up to 2 decimal places
- Added start time and weather information
to Half Pipe reports
- Minor change to correct Snowboard
Half Pipe score entry.
Version 1.27 3/3/00
Version 1.26 3/2/00
- Reworked Timing Log to eliminate
log getting full with large races. Now no limit to the size.
- Changed timing screen so will
default to forunners once all competitors have had a run, previously it
would go to the first competitor with the potential of overwriting their
time if get a start after the end of the race.
- Added Half Pipe reports for start
list and results for each round. Need to manually get competitors into correct
order for start lists (using sort options).
- Correction made when calculating
which Snowboard Points Scale to use.
- First release to include Snowboard
Half Pipe. Once Half Pipe is chosen as Race Type the additions and changes
within the software are:
- Choices in Header page for half
Pipe format. Can do up to 3 runs with up to 3 rounds with scores based on
1 of 2 runs, 2 of 2, 1/2/3 of 3. Choice of 4 or 5 judges.
- Options for Technical data
- In Officials places for Judges,
Head Judge and Judge duties
- Option in Assign Menu to assign
- Ability to edit any Round/Run/Score
and Status for competitors from Competitor Edit screen
- Additional sort option for Run3
and for 'Final half Pipe Order'
- 'Start List' and 'race Results'
modified accordingly. Other reports still to be modified are 'Round Results'
and 'Start List between Rounds'.
Version 1.25 1/28/00
Version 1.24 1/14/00
- Corrected problem with interface
for TAG Heuer 502. The 502 now has it's own option in the Timer pull down
Version 1.23 1/12/00
- Added support for TdC4000. Timing
is done with the 4000 and the elapsed time is accepted into whichever 'run'
has been selected within the software.
Version 1.22 1/9/00
- Timing support for ALGE Comet with
'Stopwatch' program. Note: if the Comet has 'Memo HP' then that program must
be used because the stopwatch program is different in these Comets!
- Optionally include DNF and DQ
competitors on 2nd run start list. USSA level races only.
- New Seed card format for a big
wide label. Larger font, full width, 9 labels per page.
- Clear all times option also clears
Timing Log. This is needed because clear all times is used to create a new
race using existing competitors.
- Report options added for 1st and
2nd run for a proofing report. Useful for comparing times with a backup or
other timing tape. Default sort order is the order they ran that run.
Version 1.21 1/3/00
- 1/9/00 Correction to FIS Snowboard
Skidata file. Just updated date of file, not version number.
- 1/7/00 Made a correction to FIS
2 run Snowboard results where it was listing USSA numbers instead of FIS numbers
for competitors who qualified for but did not complete the second run.
- No longer able to accidentally
close the program while the timing screen is open.
- Added options to change S4 baud
rate. Button will appear on Setup and Test screen if S4 timer selected to
change from 4800 baud to 2400 baud and vise-versa.
- Added ability to set number of
competitors who qualify for second run for FIS level and above (2 run events
- Software key allows the Country
and LGB to be changed for use outside the US.
- Corrected problem where sometimes
would think date on key was set incorrectly
- For entering times via assign
menu can now just use [Enter] key, but still beeps when [Enter] is pressed.
- Corrected problem where printing
would stay in large font after seed cards were printed.