Split Second is the main supplier of Ski Timing & Scoring Software in the US and Canada, with markets
in many other countries. We are proud to have stayed at the forefront of technology since 1990, creating cutting-edge
software solutions for sports with a user-friendly approach.
If you're looking for the best way to manage your races and interface to timing equipment, or judging systems, you're in the right place...
Latest Versions of Software:
| 9/19/2018 ||Winter is coming! So, this is our yearly gentle reminder to renew your software license early!|
Once again we're offering a pre-season special:
This offer is available through December 1st. For information on how to renew your license, please click here.
- All 6 month license orders will receive 7 months for the same price.
(7 months from Sepember 19th is April 19th!)
- All 1 year license orders will receive 14 months.
This offer applies to both renewals as well as new keys sold with a license, and applies to orders placed via the software, online, or over the phone.
| 9/18/2015 ||The Future of Scoreboards is Here!|
This season all software (Nat/FIS, Club, and NASTAR) will have the ability to output a Scoreboard image via TV output (HDMI).
|This means you can take advantage of off-the-shelf, low priced, readily available TV products in any way you see fit:|
- For temporary display around the finish area.
- For permanent mounting on your timing building.
- Any size TV you choose to purchase.
- Weather proof TVs are available (partial shade, or full sun).
- Off-the-shelf Video Wall technology to create a HUGE "scoreboard".
- Feed into the resort TV Network
- Wired or wireless.
Note: These photos were taken with running 10ths. Elapsed times are displayed to 1/100th along with rank.
- Directly controlled by the timing computer, so no delay.
- Running time to 1/10th second.
- Elapsed of run and Rank.
- For two run races it as expected it shows 1st, 2nd and Combined time with ranks for each.
- Competitor List / Leader Board which scrolls 10 competitors at a time.
- Leader Board automatically changes to full screen when no competitors are on course.
- Optional info/alert message.
Display shown here:
- 43 inch SunBrite Outdoor TV (relatively small).
- Signal sent wirelessly (up to 660 ft range).
The plan is to have multiple formats for you to use:
- The display to the right could be used when not running a race. It displays the time-of-day and optional messages.
- Another similar screen is planned that will scroll through user provided graphics. To promote sponsors, upcoming events etc.
- A different layout for the timing screen is planned for use with Intermediates and Speed Trap data.
This is the configuration used in these examples:
- It's all done via a 2nd monitor attached to the Timing Computer.
- All layouts are based on the 1080p format (1080x1920 pixels). The computer and all displays must be capable of this resolution (most PCs, and virtually all displays will).
- From the computer a cable goes to an HDMI splitter.
- One output of the splitter goes to the monitor next to the computer. This is so you can see what's being displayed.
- In this example the other output from the splitter goes to an HDMI wireless transmitter.
- Behind the TV that's outside is an HDMI wireless receiver.
A number of customer have asked what equipment we used in our test setup. The choice is your of course, but for reference, this is what we used:
TV Tripod (seems really good but would need level ground)
Wireless HDMI Extender