Split Second is the main supplier of Ski Timing & Scoring Software in the US and Canada, with markets
in many other countries. We are proud to have stayed at the forefront of technology since 1990, creating cutting-edge
software solutions for sports with a user-friendly approach.
If you're looking for the best way to manage your races and interface to timing equipment, or judging systems, you're in the right place...
Latest Versions of Software:
* NOTE: We will be out of the office until Oct. 25th. All license updates will be processed immediately as usual. Orders requiring shipping will be shipped when we return. Please contact us via email during this period. Sorry for any inconvenience. News:
| 9/19/2018 ||Winter is coming! So, this is our yearly gentle reminder to renew your software license early!|
Once again we're offering a pre-season special:
This offer is available through December 1st. For information on how to renew your license, please click here.
- All 6 month license orders will receive 7 months for the same price.
(7 months from Sepember 19th is April 19th!)
- All 1 year license orders will receive 14 months.
This offer applies to both renewals as well as new keys sold with a license, and applies to orders placed via the software, online, or over the phone.
| 9/18/2015 ||The Future of Scoreboards is Here!|
This season all software (Nat/FIS, Club, and NASTAR) will have the ability to output a Scoreboard image via TV output (HDMI).
|This means you can take advantage of off-the-shelf, low priced, readily available TV products in any way you see fit:|
- For temporary display around the finish area.
- For permanent mounting on your timing building.
- Any size TV you choose to purchase.
- Weather proof TVs are available (partial shade, or full sun).
- Off-the-shelf Video Wall technology to create a HUGE "scoreboard".
- Feed into the resort TV Network
- Wired or wireless.
Note: These photos were taken with running 10ths. Elapsed times are displayed to 1/100th along with rank.
- Directly controlled by the timing computer, so no delay.
- Running time to 1/10th second.
- Elapsed of run and Rank.
- For two run races it as expected it shows 1st, 2nd and Combined time with ranks for each.
- Competitor List / Leader Board which scrolls 10 competitors at a time.
- Leader Board automatically changes to full screen when no competitors are on course.
- Optional info/alert message.
Display shown here:
- 43 inch SunBrite Outdoor TV (relatively small).
- Signal sent wirelessly (up to 660 ft range).
The plan is to have multiple formats for you to use:
- The display to the right could be used when not running a race. It displays the time-of-day and optional messages.
- Another similar screen is planned that will scroll through user provided graphics. To promote sponsors, upcoming events etc.
- A different layout for the timing screen is planned for use with Intermediates and Speed Trap data.
This is the configuration used in these examples:
- It's all done via a 2nd monitor attached to the Timing Computer.
- All layouts are based on the 1080p format (1080x1920 pixels). The computer and all displays must be capable of this resolution (most PCs, and virtually all displays will).
- From the computer a cable goes to an HDMI splitter.
- One output of the splitter goes to the monitor next to the computer. This is so you can see what's being displayed.
- In this example the other output from the splitter goes to an HDMI wireless transmitter.
- Behind the TV that's outside is an HDMI wireless receiver.
A number of customer have asked what equipment we used in our test setup. The choice is your of course, but for reference, this is what we used:
TV Tripod (seems really good but would need level ground)
Wireless HDMI Extender